I'm honored that Myra from Book Reviews nominated me for the Liebster blog Award! This award is for new bloggers who have less then 200 followers and deserve to gain some more.
The rules of the award:
So here's how this works.
1. Tell 11 things about yourself;
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you;
3. Post 11 questions for those you're going to nominate to get to know them better;
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less then 200 followers and who you think deserve more;
5. Let the 11 nominees know they are nominated on their blogs.
11 things about me:
1. I'm 25 years old
2. I've been married to my best friend for 4 years and couldn't be happier
3. We're expecting our first child--due date June 23rd 2013 :)
4. We have an English Bulldog Puppy named Whiskey that makes us laugh everyday
5. I have a Bachelor's degree in English-Creative Writing-from Old Dominion University
6. I've written two novels--my second one, JUDGES, is represented by the fabulous Brittany Howard of the Corvisiero Literary Agency
7. I read as many books as I can get my hands on in the genre I write in
8. My favorite authors include: Kimberly Derting, Cassandra Clare, Rachel Vincent, and a ton of others--I can't possibly narrow them all down
9. I love playing Texas Hold'em poker
10. I'm addicted to chocolate
11. I've dreamt of being an author since I was in the 2nd grade and wrote my first story entitled "A Crop of Aliens for Alexandra" (still waiting for a call from Random House for that one lol)
11 questions from Myra:
1. When did you start blogging & why?
I started blogging a couple of years ago just to get into the habit of writing everyday. Then it eventually progressed into a book review blog and finally it has transformed into a blog where I discuss my journey to publication, give aspiring writers advice from what I've learned about the publishing world, and give the occasional book recommendation when I read one I just can't keep quiet about.
2. What's your favorite book ever?
Oh this is a hard question! I'm going to have to narrow that down to author which is Kimberly Derting. She wrote The Body Finder series and The Pledge series and I love her style and her ability to create such authentic and sympathetic characters. I've re-read her books the most and each time I learn something new about the craft of writing for young adults.
3. Do you study or work & what kind of study/work do you do?
I'm currently on submission for my first novel, JUDGES. In the meantime I'm working on the sequel to that and another idea I've had for a while. As for studying, I read as many Young Adult books as I can because I'm a firm believer that the more you read in your genre, the better writer you become.
4. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have one older sister who is also an amazing writer and marketer.
5. How may books do you estimate you own?
Well over 200 and it grows monthly.
6. Do you always buy books or do you go to the library or borrow from a friend?
I usually buy them because I want to support authors and if I really like the book I buy another one and host a giveaway on my blog in order to further support the author. Though I have used the library when I've been really strapped for cash and need a fix.
7. Where's your favorite place to read?
8. What book are you reading right now & why did you choose this one?
I just finished The Essence by Kimberly Derting and I chose it because it's the sequel I've been dying to read since I finished The Pledge.
9. Do you prefer series or stand alone books?
I really love series because I easily fall in love with characters and like to take a long journey with them throughout several books.
10. Favorite hobby besides reading?
Writing, Texas Hold'em poker, and Golf.
11. Favorite book to movie adaptation?
This is also a tough one because there are several I love. The Shawshank Redemption is probably my favorite because it was such a wonderful film.
11 Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is your favorite movie to book adaptation?
4. Do you have any character crushes? Who?
5. What is your line of work?
6. If you could visit any world from a novel which would it be?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. Do you prefer hard copy books or digital?
9. Favorite hobby besides reading?
10. How long does it take you to finish a novel?
11. What are you currently reading?
The 11 nominees:
Maxy from Bookalishous
Deirdre Riodran Hall
I have lived a thousand lives
Jessica from I read to relax
Ink in the Book
And that is all because the rest of my bloggers are all over 200 followers! Wait to go :)